On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: deer
As the semester is winding down, it seems my work days are getting a little busier. It didn’t help that the warming weather made conditions a little sloppy, I’ve been continuing to fight off a cold, and Melissa spent the … Continue reading
I’m still working on getting rid of a cold, so I was not too inclined to go for a substantial walk today. Weather: Skies cleared throughout the day. Temperatures in the low 30s. Birds: There were lots of Ravens and … Continue reading
I did manage to get in a short walk through the park today early in the afternoon and a more leisurely walk through later in the evening. Weather: It was fairly wet today with a little bit of wind. Birds: … Continue reading
Weather: It’s been pretty wet for the last few days. Today we had a record rainfall for the day, almost 3 inches fell, with much of it coming before noon. Winds were pretty stiff this afternoon. Birds: There have been … Continue reading
I had one tour this morning and went for a walk to Totem Park this evening. The tour was a Captain’s Choice, and we stopped at the Nadezhda Islands in Krestof Sound and returned through Nawkwasina Passage. Weather: Overcast with … Continue reading