- SitkaNature Weblog
- A blog of thoughts, observations, and photos from an Aspiring Naturalist in the Sitka Area
- SitkaBirds List (subscribe here)
- SitkaBirds List is an e-mail list for birding around Sitka. It is my hope that it can serve as an efficient means of notifying others of sightings that may be unusual or of interest. If you are interested, please subscribe here.
- Natural History Seminar List (subscribe here)
- The Natural History Seminar List is an announcement list for natural history related talks taking place in Sitka.
- The Birds of Sitka, Alaska by J. Dan Webster.
- A comprehensive summary of published historical records (including looks at museum specimens) for the Sitka area.
- Species Checklists for Southeast Alaska
On this Date in…
- 2004: Herring Cove Hike
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 26 May Photos: Walk to Totem Park
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2008: Dawn Chorus
- 2009: Moss with Strange Growth
- 2010: Hairy Butterwort (Pinguicula villosa)
- 2010: Gallery: 20100526 Red Elderberry (Sambucus racemosa)
- 2014: American Angle Shades (Euplexia benesimilis)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 4 weeks ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 1 month ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 1 month ago