I got out to do some birding with visiting entertainer Mr. Whitekeys this morning. We didn’t see anything especially unusual, but large numbers of redpolls continue to be present. There was also a Merlin at Halibut Point Rec, though I would not have been sure what it was as we mostly heard it calling with just a brief glimpse as it flew over. Whitekeys was familiar with the call, having had them nest in or near his yard previously.
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 18 April Photo: Gulls in Flight
- 2008: Leucistic Fox Sparrow
- 2008: Herring Spawn at Totem Park
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 18
- 2012: Full Day
- 2014: Enjoying watching a wren work on a nest right by t...
- 2014: Walk around Totem Park
- 2015: Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this...