With warm weather like we have been having the last couple of days, it’s easy to forget that it was less than a week ago that we were experiencing record setting cold. On a day like this, I walk out expecting to see signs of spring everywhere with nary a sign of winter long past. The signs of spring are there, but it’s a little jarring to my senses to see pockets of solid ice still persisting in the depressions of rocks at the very upper reaches of the intertidal zone (the splash zone, where the salt water only gets to a few times a year).
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 19 April Photo: Red-breasted Sapsucker
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2008: Trip to Kruzof
- 2011: Low Island Song Sparrow
- 2011: Sunny Day with Kids
- 2012: Moth Jackpot
- 2013: Greater Yellowlegs and Black-bellied Plover
- 2014: Windy Day
- 2015: Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otte...