On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Recording
Download Audio Clip Eurasian Collared-Doves have only been reported in Alaska for a couple of years, and I think last summer was the first time any were reported in Sitka. However, there numbers do seem to be expanding, so it … Continue reading
A trip in mid-November interrupted my recording habit, and it took a while to get back into it. Things seem to be pretty quiet most nights, and I decided to collapse a few of the highlights from the few nights … Continue reading
Clear skies with chilly temperatures made for a nice quiet night, weather-wise. Except for a distant eagle calling at 2:30, the only thing I heard until nearly daylight was River Otters chirping. The started about 2:35 and continued through almost … Continue reading
Another quiet night weather-wise. Despite the good listening conditions throughout the night, I did not pick up much on the recording. There was a distant Western Screech-Owl near 7am that I was barely able to pick out from the almost … Continue reading
Rain, heavy at times (with some associated wind) periodically through the night. Between showers there was a pretty steady dripping of water. I did notice the sound of the drops off the roof have changed. I think it’s because the … Continue reading