Many years July is not very sunny. This year has been an exception with many nice sunny days and temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s during the day. I haven’t been out hiking as much as I might like, but I have been getting some progress made on my yard with the help of my parents whp have been visiting this week. This evening’s sunset was pleasant, so I stopped to take a picture that also showed how little snow is left on the mountains compared to last year when I am not sure this much ever melted off.
On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago