- SitkaBirds e-mail List (subscribe here)
- SitkaBirds e-mail List is about birds and birding around Sitka. It is my hope that it can serve as an efficient means of notifying others of sightings that may be unusual or of interest. If you are interested, please subscribe here.
- Sitka birds list
- This is a list of links to pages with information about all of the bird species that have been reported from the Sitka area. Many of them also include photos I have taken.
- Sitka Birding by Kayak
- The Birds of Sitka, Alaska by J. Dan Webster.
- A comprehensive summary of published historical records (including looks at museum specimens) for the Sitka area.
- A summary of 20 years of bird observations in the Sitka Area
On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago