- SitkaBirds e-mail List (subscribe here)
- SitkaBirds e-mail List is about birds and birding around Sitka. It is my hope that it can serve as an efficient means of notifying others of sightings that may be unusual or of interest. If you are interested, please subscribe here.
- Sitka Bird Checklist
- This is a checklist of birds reported from Sitka. Abundance information is provided for most species, there are links to pages with information about the birds’ occurrence in Southeast Alaska. Many of them also include photos I have taken.
- Sitka Birding by Kayak
- The Birds of Sitka, Alaska by J. Dan Webster.
- A comprehensive summary of published historical records (including looks at museum specimens) for the Sitka area.
- A summary of 20 years of bird observations in the Sitka Area
February 2016 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
On this Date in…
- 2003: Evergreen Blueberries and Huckleberries?
- 2003: Trumpeter Swans
- 2003: Some Bird Observations
- 2003: Riverside Raven
- 2003: Remains of a Bird
- 2007: 7 February Photos: Clouds
- 2008: Lichen (Cladonia sp)
- 2008: 7 February Photos: Swan Lake and O'Connell Bridge
- 2011: Thimbleberry Lake to Heart Lake
- 2012: Odd Cormorant
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 9 months ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 10 months ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 10 months ago