On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: photojournal
With overcast skies, the fading light of day took on a blue-gray cast that was accentuated by the freshly fallen snow. I was intrigued by a wispy layer of clouds hanging over the treetops on a hill at the foot … Continue reading
Click on any of the photos to see larger versions with captions.
I took these pictures while walking to UAS for class.
The new Crescent Harbor Seawalk makes it much easier to get out on the breakwater. Each of today’s shots were taken from the viewing area at the end during fairly typical gray conditions.
With a predicted 12.5+ tide, I thought it would be interesting to check out Starrigavan and see if any voles were scrambling for high ground around the estuary (and perhaps attracting predators that might be interesting to observer). No luck … Continue reading