On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: flora
This morning’s walk didn’t yield any photos, though I did see 5 yellowlegs – I thought a mix of Greater and Lesser, but I didn’t see them well enough to be sure. However, I did not find yesterday evening’s Black-bellied … Continue reading
Yesterday I noticed quite a few gulls at Swan Lake (many Thayer’s Gulls in particular) as well as numerous gulls near the base of O’Connell bridge. I suspected an influx of migrants, but regrettably did not think to take a … Continue reading
Weather was mostly clear today while out on a walk along the lower slopes of Bear Mountain. I heard flocks of geese flying over and noticed a few song birds among alders and other brushy areas. These included the first … Continue reading