A few nights ago after a relatively warm day, I noticed a moth on the window, the first one I had seen this year. I managed to capture it in a jar and got some photos of it. With help from bugguide.net, I got a likely identification of Variable Carpet Moth (Anticlea vasiliata). This species is typcially in flight from spring to early summer. I was interested to note that it did not seem as slowed by refrigeration as other moths I’ve capture. I suppose that’s probably helpful for an early season moth that might face chilly nights.
Big Year Project Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 30 April Photos: Red Squirrel in Totem Park
- 2008: 30 April Photo: Leaf Beetle
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2011: Leech
- 2012: Golden-crowned Sparrow in Blueberries
- 2014: Warm Sun and Shorebirds
- 2015: The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alask...
- 2015: Morning Walk Around Totem Park