Each day hatchery workers check the ponds for salmon fry that have died (morts). Typically there are a handfull out of the thousands of fish in each pond. The morts are dumped into a pipe that flushes out to the shore where birds, especially eagles, wait for a chance at a bite to eat.
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 19 April Photo: Red-breasted Sapsucker
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2008: Trip to Kruzof
- 2011: Low Island Song Sparrow
- 2011: Sunny Day with Kids
- 2012: Moth Jackpot
- 2013: Greater Yellowlegs and Black-bellied Plover
- 2014: Windy Day
- 2015: Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otte...