On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 30 April Photos: Red Squirrel in Totem Park
- 2008: 30 April Photo: Leaf Beetle
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2011: Leech
- 2012: Golden-crowned Sparrow in Blueberries
- 2014: Warm Sun and Shorebirds
- 2015: The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alask...
- 2015: Morning Walk Around Totem Park
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 1 year ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 1 year ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: White-winged Scoter
Overcast and rain (changing to snow this evening) were the order of the day – though unlike many days this winter, there was little wind. I had the chance to do a little birding on the water. The trip was … Continue reading
This entry is part 2 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalI had intended to take a short walk down to Totem Park to check if any shorebirds were out that way and hopefully find a Rock Sandpiper – a … Continue reading
Took a couple of trips to Totem Park, one yesterday and one today. Yesterday I saw 3 Northern Pintails, 6 smaller dabblers (I thought Green-winged Teal at the time, though they may have been Northern Shovelers), at least 4 Caspian … Continue reading
This entry is part 44 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalI went out with a couple of other people to look for birds on the water this afternoon.
This entry is part 28 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalPictures taken several different places around town while doing bird counts for the Great Backyard Bird Count.