On this Date in...
- 2003: Squirrel
- 2003: Kingfishers
- 2003: Birds of Southeast Alaska
- 2003: Spring Growth
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 17 April Photos: Fungus and Herring Cove
- 2008: 17 April Photos: Snow Covered Mountains
- 2011: Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-04-17
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 17
- 2012: Recent Observations
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 2 months ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 3 months ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 3 months ago
Tag Archives: White-winged Scoter
Overcast and rain (changing to snow this evening) were the order of the day – though unlike many days this winter, there was little wind. I had the chance to do a little birding on the water. The trip was … Continue reading
This entry is part 2 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalI had intended to take a short walk down to Totem Park to check if any shorebirds were out that way and hopefully find a Rock Sandpiper – a … Continue reading
Took a couple of trips to Totem Park, one yesterday and one today. Yesterday I saw 3 Northern Pintails, 6 smaller dabblers (I thought Green-winged Teal at the time, though they may have been Northern Shovelers), at least 4 Caspian … Continue reading
This entry is part 44 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalI went out with a couple of other people to look for birds on the water this afternoon.
This entry is part 28 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalPictures taken several different places around town while doing bird counts for the Great Backyard Bird Count.