On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: White-winged Scoter
Overcast and rain (changing to snow this evening) were the order of the day – though unlike many days this winter, there was little wind. I had the chance to do a little birding on the water. The trip was … Continue reading
This entry is part 2 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalI had intended to take a short walk down to Totem Park to check if any shorebirds were out that way and hopefully find a Rock Sandpiper – a … Continue reading
Took a couple of trips to Totem Park, one yesterday and one today. Yesterday I saw 3 Northern Pintails, 6 smaller dabblers (I thought Green-winged Teal at the time, though they may have been Northern Shovelers), at least 4 Caspian … Continue reading
This entry is part 44 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalI went out with a couple of other people to look for birds on the water this afternoon.
This entry is part 28 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalPictures taken several different places around town while doing bird counts for the Great Backyard Bird Count.