On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Western Screech Owl
This entry is part 2 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalI had intended to take a short walk down to Totem Park to check if any shorebirds were out that way and hopefully find a Rock Sandpiper – a … Continue reading
Another quiet night. The first calls I noticed were not until a little after 5am, when there were a few River Otter chirps. There were more an hour later. A little surprising was a series of Western Screech-owl calls around … Continue reading
After looking for the first few hours and only finding some faint River Otter chirps, I thought last night’s recordings would end up being pretty quiet. However, I was excited to find the clearest recording I’ve yet had of what … Continue reading
The last couple of days I didn’t end up with much. The first night was quiet, the other I had some technical difficulties. Western Screech Owl: This owl was making some interesting calls, not the typical bouncing-ball calls that are … Continue reading
Another rainy night, and several interesting sounds. I picked up screech owls a little before midnight, and again around 1:30am. There were also a few different calls that I am uncertain about, some I have good ideas, others I do … Continue reading