On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Thayer’s Gull
This entry is part 58 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalSpent the morning on the Food Web Cruise fund raiser for Sitka WhaleFest. They asked me to be aboard as the bird expert. It’s typically an enjoyable ride on … Continue reading
This entry is part 50 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe gathering of gulls at Swan Lake this time of year provides a good opportunity to practice identifying them.
This entry is part 21 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalAfter catching the free brown bag concert put on by the Jazz Festival the kids and I got caught in a little snow squall. We waited out the strongest … Continue reading
Note the two-toned look to the primaries.