On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Swan Lake
A couple of Mourning Doves showed up at Swan Lake today – as best I can tell, they were the first I’ve seen since September 2009, so it was nice to get a chance to note the differences from the … Continue reading
I heard the young blackbirds were probably out of the nest, so I went down to Swan Lake and was able to get a picture of one before they flew out of range. This evening I noticed a moth flying … Continue reading
The pair of Red-winged Blackbirds is still spending there time at Swan Lake along the shore between the peninsula and the radio station – mostly centered on the clump of willows not far from the radio station. Today when I … Continue reading
The new fishing pier at Swan Lake offers a nice place to sit and watch – while I was doing so today, a Trumpeter Swan swam by.