On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Sunset
Many years July is not very sunny. This year has been an exception with many nice sunny days and temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s during the day. I haven’t been out hiking as much as I might … Continue reading
This entry is part 22 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalAfter yesterday’s snow, today brought clear blue skies and a brightly shining sun. I am still fighting a head cold, and wasn’t able to enjoy the weather as much … Continue reading
This entry is part 9 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalAnother clear day and night. As I write this, temperatures have dropped to 8F after reaching a high of only 14F. It seems unlikely we’ll reach a record low … Continue reading
This entry is part 1 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalToday was the Christmas Bird Count for Sitka. Unfortunately there were strong winds and heavy rain for most of the day. Despite this I managed to walk over 10 … Continue reading
This entry is part 107 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe sun is setting earlier these days, but the colors can still be dramatic.