On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Song Sparrow
This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find the white over blue banded Song Sparrow singing in the tree in the yard. The last time I saw him(?) was 10 April, and I’m guessing at that point he departed for … Continue reading
A Western Gull showed up in the Channel again today. Over the past handful of years this has been fairly regular for this time of year, which makes me if it’s the same bird.
20120415_SOSP_Etolin_Street_Donnelly_Yard-3 I went for a walk this morning and saw some Song Sparrows getting in to it along Etolin Street. The recording above is one singing in the Donnelley’s yard, it had been trading songs with another one across the … Continue reading
A fairly full day didn’t see me spend much time outside. It was mostly cloudy or overcast throughout the day, and we even got a bit of light rain, our first in a week or so, but only just enough … Continue reading
It was a very pleasant day – though unfortunately I did not have much time to spend out in it, being fairly well booked with phone calls and teaching. I did spend a few moments out on the south deck … Continue reading