On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: snow
This year has not been a good one for mountain snow. The warm January and extended periods of dry weather throughout the winter and early spring appear to have resulted relatively low snow pack, as these two shots taken on … Continue reading
Overcast skies in the morning gave way to breaking clouds and sunshine on the parade (sorry, no photos of that – I forgot to put my camera back in my bag after downloading the morning’s photos).
I checked out the lake this morning to see what might be around. Water birds are continuing to thin out, but plenty of song bird singing along the lakeshore (more traffic than I preferred – I suspect due to people … Continue reading
This entry is part 21 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalI spent much of the day in bed feeling groggy and tired from a head cold. Snow was falling this morning when I first looked and continued until late … Continue reading
This entry is part 16 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalStrong winds blew through last night. I hadn’t heard the forecast, but while walking downtown last evening definitely noticed how strong the wind was blowing. By the time I … Continue reading