On this Date in...
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: Small Sandpiper ID Question
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 28 July Photos: Walk to Totem Park
- 2008: Flower Fly and a Lichen
- 2009: Packing for a picnic along the Indian River with...
- 2010: On Gavan Hill in the clouds headed to Harbor Mount...
- 2013: Red-winged Blackbirds at Swan Lake
Tag Archives: Sitka Alder
This entry is part 132 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalI got an e-mail this morning from someone who reported seeing a dozen or so geese off the point at Totem Park this morning. She said it was dim … Continue reading
While helping with environmental survey work at Blue Lake a couple of summers ago, this alder branch broke along where we had cut a trail through an avalanche path brush field adjacent to Blue Lake Creek. I am not sure … Continue reading
While down at Lincoln Street Beach the other day with Connor, I happened to notice this caterpillar crawling around on the branch of a shore-side Sitka Alder (Alnus viridis ssp sinuata). Later I found a couple of others, though I … Continue reading
This entry is part 30 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal
This entry is part 92 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal