On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Sharp-shinned Hawk
I walked down to Merrill Rock along the new sea walk that goes from the main Crescent Harbor parking lot down nearly to Totem Park. It is nearing completion in several sections, but still has a bit of work to … Continue reading
Yesterday I noticed quite a few gulls at Swan Lake (many Thayer’s Gulls in particular) as well as numerous gulls near the base of O’Connell bridge. I suspected an influx of migrants, but regrettably did not think to take a … Continue reading
This entry is part 19 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalRecently there has been a raptor in the neighborhood chasing birds attracted by the food Connor and Rowan have been putting out. They told me it was a Merlin … Continue reading
This entry is part 200 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal