On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Senecio vulgaris
This entry is part 21 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalAfter catching the free brown bag concert put on by the Jazz Festival the kids and I got caught in a little snow squall. We waited out the strongest … Continue reading
I do not remember seeing Common Groundsel (Senecio vulgaris) around Sitka when I was growing up. There’s a good chance it was here and I didn’t notice it, but I suspect I’m fairly safe in saying that it probably was … Continue reading
Persistent Common Groundsel (Senecio vulgaris) blooming along Lake Street.
This entry is part 122 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal