On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Scaup
This entry is part 19 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWinds picked up through the morning and by this afternoon it was blowing Southeast with strong enough gusts that the crew working on roofing the new house decided it … Continue reading
This entry is part 12 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTemperatures warmed during the night from the middle 30s up to 41F and then stayed around 40 throughout the day. The raising temperatures made a big difference to the … Continue reading
This entry is part 210 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalThe lake was mostly frozen, so quite a few birds were close to the penninsula in one of the patches of open water. I took advantage of their limited … Continue reading
This entry is part 195 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal
This morning after dropping Rowan off at preschool, I went kayaking for a couple of hours. I went out towards Middle Channel, over to the lighthouse and then approached Beardslee Island before heading back to town. Rowan and I went … Continue reading
This entry is part 25 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal