On this Date in...
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
- Jonathan Goff on Notes from the Day
Tag Archives: Rockwell Lighthouse
With overcast skies, the fading light of day took on a blue-gray cast that was accentuated by the freshly fallen snow. I was intrigued by a wispy layer of clouds hanging over the treetops on a hill at the foot … Continue reading
This entry is part 18 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalEarly this morning temperatures hit 52F, near the record high (54F) for this date. After the rain started, the air cooled off pretty quickly to the mid-to-upper 40s, where … Continue reading
This entry is part 12 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTemperatures warmed during the night from the middle 30s up to 41F and then stayed around 40 throughout the day. The raising temperatures made a big difference to the … Continue reading
Each of these pictures was taken from beside Crescent Harbor this afternoon.
Heavy clouds and cooler temperatures brought snow down the mountains over the past day or two.
This entry is part 38 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal