On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Rockwell Lighthouse
With overcast skies, the fading light of day took on a blue-gray cast that was accentuated by the freshly fallen snow. I was intrigued by a wispy layer of clouds hanging over the treetops on a hill at the foot … Continue reading
This entry is part 18 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalEarly this morning temperatures hit 52F, near the record high (54F) for this date. After the rain started, the air cooled off pretty quickly to the mid-to-upper 40s, where … Continue reading
This entry is part 12 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTemperatures warmed during the night from the middle 30s up to 41F and then stayed around 40 throughout the day. The raising temperatures made a big difference to the … Continue reading
Each of these pictures was taken from beside Crescent Harbor this afternoon.
Heavy clouds and cooler temperatures brought snow down the mountains over the past day or two.
This entry is part 38 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal