On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Raven
This entry is part 124 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTook a couple of pictures on my way to and from class this morning. The view looking back toward town from the west side of O’Connell Bridge caught my … Continue reading
A trip in mid-November interrupted my recording habit, and it took a while to get back into it. Things seem to be pretty quiet most nights, and I decided to collapse a few of the highlights from the few nights … Continue reading
Thanks to some helpful folks for responding to a help request, I now realize that the otter/mystery calls are Marbled Murrelets. I’m pretty sure that the straight chirping calls are otters, but the other more gull-like calls are murrelets. I’m … Continue reading
Another quiet night. The first calls I noticed were not until a little after 5am, when there were a few River Otter chirps. There were more an hour later. A little surprising was a series of Western Screech-owl calls around … Continue reading
More mystery calls last night. Also caught a distant screech-owl a couple of different times, but did not include a clip since its calls were fairly quiet and did not really sound any different than other ones I’ve posted previously. … Continue reading