On this Date in…
- 2004: Herring Cove Hike
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 26 May Photos: Walk to Totem Park
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2008: Dawn Chorus
- 2009: Moss with Strange Growth
- 2010: Hairy Butterwort (Pinguicula villosa)
- 2010: Gallery: 20100526 Red Elderberry (Sambucus racemosa)
- 2014: American Angle Shades (Euplexia benesimilis)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 4 weeks ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 1 month ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Pyramids
I was a little surprised to wake up and find clear skies. I had thought the forecast was for rain for the forecastable future, and checking I saw that I was not wrong. However, this morning there was a break … Continue reading
This morning I noticed the last of snow on the Pyramids was almost gone. This afternoon I photographed some bright red mushrooms (Hygrocybe miniata) while on an outing up Indian River with my brother, kids, and PN to check on … Continue reading
This entry is part 67 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalSome scenery photos from Herring Cove and Totem Park on a sunny day in Sitka.
This entry is part 63 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalHerring spawning was taking place at Sage Beach. Connor joined the gulls in trying to take advantage of the opportunity, and managed to come home with several fish.
This entry is part 52 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPhotos from some time spent down at Sage Beach today.