On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Pyramids
This morning I noticed the last of snow on the Pyramids was almost gone. This afternoon I photographed some bright red mushrooms (Hygrocybe miniata) while on an outing up Indian River with my brother, kids, and PN to check on … Continue reading
This entry is part 67 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalSome scenery photos from Herring Cove and Totem Park on a sunny day in Sitka.
This entry is part 63 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalHerring spawning was taking place at Sage Beach. Connor joined the gulls in trying to take advantage of the opportunity, and managed to come home with several fish.
This entry is part 52 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPhotos from some time spent down at Sage Beach today.
This entry is part 18 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalEarly this morning temperatures hit 52F, near the record high (54F) for this date. After the rain started, the air cooled off pretty quickly to the mid-to-upper 40s, where … Continue reading
This entry is part 130 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal