On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Night Photography
This morning I woke up to overcast skies- the first in probably at least two weeks. The highest part of many mountain peaks were obscured by the clouds. For some reason a couple of different times when I was pausing … Continue reading
This entry is part 9 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalAnother clear day and night. As I write this, temperatures have dropped to 8F after reaching a high of only 14F. It seems unlikely we’ll reach a record low … Continue reading
This entry is part 55 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalI was up before 6 this morning and took a walk down to O’Connell Bridge. It was enjoyable to take some long-exposure photographs in the predawn light.
Over the past couple of years the sun has been in a solar minimum, a consequence of which has been auroras that are only rarely strong enough to be seen from Sitka. Combined with frequently cloudy skies, the northern lights … Continue reading
I got up early this morning and took a walk to the post office. It was fun to experiment with some night photography in the intermittent snow showers. Later today I noticed the red alders at the park have a … Continue reading
I took a little time while on my way home last night to shoot some pictures of the moon rising over the mountains and Crescent Bay.