My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2003: Winter Wren
- 2003: Weather Observations
- 2007: 19 February Photos: Birds and Mountains
- 2008: Great Backyard Bird Count
- 2008: 19 February Photos: Raven and Gulls
- 2008: Mystery Gull Season
- 2010: Gallery: 20100219 - Sunset at Whale Park
- 2015: Landslide Talk
- 2016: Sunny Break
- 2017: Sitka Nature Show #125 - Nick Pyenson
Tag Archives: Mallard
I was a little surprised to find a Mallard with ducklings at Swan Lake.
The kids and I braved the wind to walk down to the park and see what might be around. I thought the gusts of wind pushing spray across the bay was particularly interesting.
Snow overnight with some scattered snow showers today left the ground covered in an inch or so of snow. Between the snow showers, the sun was actually shining for a good chunk of the day. Was nice to have another … Continue reading
Rowan’s mittened hand for scale next to a Trumpeter Swan track at Swan Lake There was a chance that frisbee might be played this morning at Moller Park, so the kids and I walked up the west side of Swan … Continue reading
The gathering of gulls at Swan Lake this time of year provides a good opportunity to practice identifying them.