On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Indian River
After January’s big water, I thought it might interesting to pay more attention to the water levels, so I’ll take some photos from the Sawmill Creek road bridge from time to time for a record.
Ice free Indian River January 2012 On our walk to the park last Friday, I noticed that Indian River had essentially no ice in it. Given the extreme (for here) cold we had been feeling for the past several days, … Continue reading
This entry is part 12 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalThe kids and I braved the wind to walk down to the park and see what might be around. I thought the gusts of wind pushing spray across the … Continue reading
Freshwater sponge – the little pointy hair-like things were quite stiff, my first clue that this wasn’t an algae While resources for marine algae in Alaska are pretty good, there doesn’t seem to be much available for freshwater algae. While … Continue reading
This entry is part 122 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWhile walking by Indian River this morning, I was interested to see the water still flowing fairly high, but the color of the water was much grayer than I … Continue reading
This entry is part 16 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTook a quick afternoon trip up Indian River Valley to swap out ibuttons. It was a clear and chilly day.