On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Indian River Valley
On an wet August hike up Indian River valley, I found this dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) looking quite robust in a pool of standing water. Dandelion is an introduced species and considered fairly invasive. It’s the only introduced species I’ve noticed … Continue reading
This entry is part 116 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I went for a hike up Indian River Valley so I could switch out the ibuttons. They brought snowshoes, while I slogged through waist deep snow … Continue reading
This entry is part 92 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWent for a hike up Indian River valley to take care of the ibuttons. It was a very soggy day. Found a couple of things that prompted me to … Continue reading
This entry is part 16 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTook a quick afternoon trip up Indian River Valley to swap out ibuttons. It was a clear and chilly day.
This entry is part 8 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I hiked up Indian River Valley to visit the icy cliffs along the lower slopes of Verstovia.