On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Ice
Most of today’s photos were take on a trip to Salmon Lake. The exception is a picture of The Sisters at Sunrise.
Although spring officially started last weekend, the winter weather continues to hold on, with snow falling most days last week and snow in the forecast through at least Friday. Winter did not seem especially cold overall, but unlike many years, … Continue reading
It has been chilly the last couple of days, with partly cloudy skies overnight, but I still was a little surprised to see how much of the surface of Swan Lake was covered in ice. It was thin ice, though … Continue reading
This entry is part 13 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal
This entry is part 7 of 144 in the series 2008 PhotojournalThis morning I walked around the trails at Starrigavan Recreation Area. This evening Melissa told me the nearly full moon was rising behind the Sisters and I should go … Continue reading