On this Date in…
- 2003: Merganser Gathering
- 2007: 12 February Photos: Walk to Totem Park
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: Second Year Mew Gulls
- 2008: 12 February Photo: Pale Feathered Crow
- 2010: Gallery: 20100212 - Swan Lake Sunset
- 2011: Herring Cove to Bear Mountain Waterfall
- 2012: Twitter Weekly Updates for 2012-02-12
- 2012: Sharp-shinned Hawk
- 2015: North Sister Runoff
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 10 months ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 10 months ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Ice
Ice free Indian River January 2012 On our walk to the park last Friday, I noticed that Indian River had essentially no ice in it. Given the extreme (for here) cold we had been feeling for the past several days, … Continue reading
This entry is part 11 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalWalking to class this afternoon I stopped and took pictures of ice in various configurations.
This entry is part 33 of 133 in the series 2011 Photojournal
This entry is part 8 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I hiked up Indian River Valley to visit the icy cliffs along the lower slopes of Verstovia.
Temperatures overnight were below freezing, but not by a lot, so I thought it was interesting to find there was still quite a bit of ice on Crescent Bay even into the afternoon.