On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Ice
Ice free Indian River January 2012 On our walk to the park last Friday, I noticed that Indian River had essentially no ice in it. Given the extreme (for here) cold we had been feeling for the past several days, … Continue reading
This entry is part 11 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalWalking to class this afternoon I stopped and took pictures of ice in various configurations.
This entry is part 33 of 133 in the series 2011 Photojournal
This entry is part 8 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I hiked up Indian River Valley to visit the icy cliffs along the lower slopes of Verstovia.
Temperatures overnight were below freezing, but not by a lot, so I thought it was interesting to find there was still quite a bit of ice on Crescent Bay even into the afternoon.