On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Herring Spawn
This morning I woke up to overcast skies- the first in probably at least two weeks. The highest part of many mountain peaks were obscured by the clouds. For some reason a couple of different times when I was pausing … Continue reading
This entry is part 63 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalHerring spawning was taking place at Sage Beach. Connor joined the gulls in trying to take advantage of the opportunity, and managed to come home with several fish.
This entry is part 61 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe Fish and Game biologist reported there were large numbers of Herring in Crescent Bay even after the opening there last week. They have now been spawning for 2 … Continue reading
This entry is part 59 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal