On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Greater White-fronted Goose
Larger Flock – can you guess how many? One morning last week I heard what sounded like a sizable flock of geese flying overhead, so I decided to head outside and take a look. I saw two large groups, both … Continue reading
One of the Mallards that hatched out earlier this year is unusually pale. I am curious if the different coloring will persist as it matures. One of the Greater White-fronted Geese that were here this spring seems to have been … Continue reading
This spring it was hard to miss all the geese in Sitka as they flew honking overhead or fed and rested on lawns and beaches. Based on reported sightings, at least 250 birds visited town, possibly many more. Most are … Continue reading
After taking pictures of geese on the lawn at SJ this morning, I took advantage of the sunny day and hiked to the second view point on Mt. Verstovia trail. Along the way I was able to find and photograph … Continue reading
This entry is part 57 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal
This entry is part 164 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal