On this Date in...
- 2003: Squirrel
- 2003: Kingfishers
- 2003: Birds of Southeast Alaska
- 2003: Spring Growth
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 17 April Photos: Fungus and Herring Cove
- 2008: 17 April Photos: Snow Covered Mountains
- 2011: Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-04-17
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 17
- 2012: Recent Observations
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 2 months ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 3 months ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 3 months ago
Tag Archives: Great Blue Heron
This entry is part 113 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalA heron watched as we loaded up to leave Today Connor, Rowan and I went out with my dad and a friend to see if we could find a … Continue reading
This entry is part 41 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalTemperatures remained quite cold, but winds diminished significantly by later this afternoon. It was interesting to see all the polished ice intermixed with thin patches of wind sculpted snow. … Continue reading
This entry is part 21 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalAfter catching the free brown bag concert put on by the Jazz Festival the kids and I got caught in a little snow squall. We waited out the strongest … Continue reading
This entry is part 18 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalEarly this morning temperatures hit 52F, near the record high (54F) for this date. After the rain started, the air cooled off pretty quickly to the mid-to-upper 40s, where … Continue reading
Long-tailed Ducks have returned to the Channel.
This entry is part 3 of 13 in the series 2009 PhotojournalA an inch or so of fresh snow made for some nice tracks.