On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Tag Archives: Fall Color
This morning I enjoyed a sunny walk over to and back from the university for class. This afternoon I did a little birding along the road before heading up Harbor Mountain hiking back to the south slope meadow.
This entry is part 106 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe last couple of weeks have seen many signs of fall – termination dust on the mountain peaks, high numbers of migrating sparrows (accompanied by a few lingering warblers), … Continue reading
These bright red salmonberry leaves caught my eye when I was walking home recently. Salmonberries don’t usually show much color, and to the extent they do, it seems like it is usually just a muted yellow as the leaves transition … Continue reading
Birds at Swan Lake, and some fall color.
This entry is part 181 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal