On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: dark-eyed junco
It was a very pleasant day – though unfortunately I did not have much time to spend out in it, being fairly well booked with phone calls and teaching. I did spend a few moments out on the south deck … Continue reading
This entry is part 6 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalMale Anna’s Hummingbird coming to feeder It was another wet day, though less breezy than yesterday. This afternoon just after 3, I noticed the juncos gathering in the branches … Continue reading
Yesterday I was visiting with someone and we ended up talking about natural history related projects. I was reminded of the project ideas page I created some time back on the wiki. I hadn’t thought about it in quite a … Continue reading
This entry is part 129 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalRowan’s mittened hand for scale next to a Trumpeter Swan track at Swan Lake There was a chance that frisbee might be played this morning at Moller Park, so … Continue reading
This entry is part 77 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWent for an early (for me) morning walk to Swan Lake. Was interested to notice a fledgling Dark-eyed Junco already out and about.