On this Date in...
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: California Gull
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 16 April: Flowers, Liverworts, and Birds
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2008: 16 April Photos: Migrating Birds
- 2011: Sunny day in Sitka
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 16
- 2012: Evening Walk to Totem Park
- 2013: Yellow Siskin and Black-bellied Plover
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 2 months ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 3 months ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 3 months ago
Tag Archives: Clouds
Pictures from a walk to Totem Park.
Fog/clouds lingered around the mountain slopes this morning before burning off later in the day. I got pictures of a moth I captured yesterday on Harbor Mountain.
Overcast skies this morning gave way to mostly clear skies by noon. As the day went on, some clouds moved through, including a layer of what I think was altostratus clouds seen in these photos. It was not a thick … Continue reading
This entry is part 9 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalAnother clear day and night. As I write this, temperatures have dropped to 8F after reaching a high of only 14F. It seems unlikely we’ll reach a record low … Continue reading
This entry is part 7 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalSeveral snow showers moved through today separated by brief clouds breaks with some sun. It was interesting to watch the snow swirl around as the wind blew it over/off … Continue reading