April 2019 S M T W T F S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 18 April Photo: Gulls in Flight
- 2008: Leucistic Fox Sparrow
- 2008: Herring Spawn at Totem Park
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 18
- 2012: Full Day
- 2014: Enjoying watching a wren work on a nest right by t...
- 2014: Walk around Totem Park
- 2015: Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this...
Tag Archives: Caterpillar
The insects pictured here were captured by the kids over the past week or, but it took me a while to get around to photographing them. The small beetle came from near the beach on 31 Dec, I’m not sure … Continue reading
Last July, Connor found a caterpillar which we thought we might try to rear by finding whatever food it wanted it. It didn’t take too long to discover that what it really wanted to do was bury itself in dirt, … Continue reading
At least three still-downy Pied-billed Grebes were hanging out on Swan Lake waiting to be fed by parents. Also today, Connor found a green caterpillar crawling on the sidewalk. He brought it home and we were going to try to … Continue reading
A new gallery: 20100511
Some of the moth coccoons formed by the various caterpillars the kids collected and kept fed.