September 2014 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
On this Date in...
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
- Jonathan Goff on Notes from the Day
Tag Archives: Cackling Goose
A cooperative male Green-winged Teal and a unusual (and late) Red-winged Blackbird were the highlights at Swan Lake today.
This spring it was hard to miss all the geese in Sitka as they flew honking overhead or fed and rested on lawns and beaches. Based on reported sightings, at least 250 birds visited town, possibly many more. Most are … Continue reading
After taking pictures of geese on the lawn at SJ this morning, I took advantage of the sunny day and hiked to the second view point on Mt. Verstovia trail. Along the way I was able to find and photograph … Continue reading
This entry is part 23 of 144 in the series 2008 PhotojournalIt was the first day of the Great Backyard Bird Count, so I tried to get out a fair bit to look for birds, including a stop at Swan … Continue reading
This entry is part 19 of 144 in the series 2008 Photojournal