My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2003: Winter Wren
- 2003: Weather Observations
- 2007: 19 February Photos: Birds and Mountains
- 2008: Great Backyard Bird Count
- 2008: 19 February Photos: Raven and Gulls
- 2008: Mystery Gull Season
- 2010: Gallery: 20100219 - Sunset at Whale Park
- 2015: Landslide Talk
- 2016: Sunny Break
- 2017: Sitka Nature Show #125 - Nick Pyenson
Tag Archives: Black-bellied Plover
Migration is starting to ramp up, and I was fortunate to have a chance to sit with and photograph a couple of cooperative shorebirds in the morning light down at Totem Park.
I managed to get some mediocre pictures of a very yellow Pine Siskin in the yard today. Also, it’s coming into the main shorebird migration time of year, but I came up empty on my morning walk through the park. … Continue reading
20120415_SOSP_Etolin_Street_Donnelly_Yard-3 I went for a walk this morning and saw some Song Sparrows getting in to it along Etolin Street. The recording above is one singing in the Donnelley’s yard, it had been trading songs with another one across the … Continue reading
Black-bellied Plovers and Short-billed Dowitchers rest at Totem Park.
Pictures from an evening walk to Totem Park.