On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: American Coot
This entry is part 1 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalToday was the Christmas Bird Count for Sitka. Unfortunately there were strong winds and heavy rain for most of the day. Despite this I managed to walk over 10 … Continue reading
Last Friday I stopped by Swan Lake and noticed 3 American Coots feeding along the Lake Street shore about mid-way between the peninsula and the radio station. A short while later they started heading up the lake, though the one … Continue reading
This entry is part 210 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalThe lake was mostly frozen, so quite a few birds were close to the penninsula in one of the patches of open water. I took advantage of their limited … Continue reading
This entry is part 195 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal
This entry is part 189 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalThese photos were all taken at Swan Lake this afternoon. See Pied-billed Grebe Observations for a more complete description of the events these pictures partially record.