On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 30 April Photos: Red Squirrel in Totem Park
- 2008: 30 April Photo: Leaf Beetle
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2011: Leech
- 2012: Golden-crowned Sparrow in Blueberries
- 2014: Warm Sun and Shorebirds
- 2015: The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alask...
- 2015: Morning Walk Around Totem Park
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 1 year ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 1 year ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 1 year ago
This entry is part 1 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I walked around town today to see if we could pick up any birds that were missed on the Christmas Bird Count yesterday. We were able … Continue reading
This entry is part 1 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalChristmas Bird Count was held today in Sitka. After a quick morning trip through Totem Park, I was able to spend the bulk of the day birding by skiff … Continue reading
This entry is part 2 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I walked a loop from the house down to Lincoln Street around Totem Park, then along the river to Sawmill Creek Road, over to the new … Continue reading
This entry is part 3 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe saying goes that every cloud has a silver lining, but it seemed closer to gold as the sun was setting near these clouds.
This entry is part 4 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalI caught the sun dropping below the horizon hoping for a green flash, but atmospheric conditions were evidently not conducive.