My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Neighborhood Deer
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 20 March Photos: Snowshoeing in Indian River Valley
- 2007: Snowshoeing in Indian River Valley
- 2008: 20 March Photo: Indian River
- 2012: Nesting Raven
- 2013: First Day of Spring
- 2014: Cumulus Clouds and Gavan Trees
- 2015: Who knew limpet teeth were some of the strongest t...
- 2015: First Day of Spring
The kids and I walked around town today to see if we could pick up any birds that were missed on the Christmas Bird Count yesterday. We were able to add three to the list, Lesser Scaup, Herring Gull, and … Continue reading
Christmas Bird Count was held today in Sitka. After a quick morning trip through Totem Park, I was able to spend the bulk of the day birding by skiff in the bays south of town. Of particular note was my … Continue reading
The kids and I walked a loop from the house down to Lincoln Street around Totem Park, then along the river to Sawmill Creek Road, over to the new house and then back home. We had a nice break in … Continue reading
The saying goes that every cloud has a silver lining, but it seemed closer to gold as the sun was setting near these clouds.
I caught the sun dropping below the horizon hoping for a green flash, but atmospheric conditions were evidently not conducive.