On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
This entry is part 1 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I walked around town today to see if we could pick up any birds that were missed on the Christmas Bird Count yesterday. We were able … Continue reading
This entry is part 1 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalChristmas Bird Count was held today in Sitka. After a quick morning trip through Totem Park, I was able to spend the bulk of the day birding by skiff … Continue reading
This entry is part 2 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I walked a loop from the house down to Lincoln Street around Totem Park, then along the river to Sawmill Creek Road, over to the new … Continue reading
This entry is part 3 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe saying goes that every cloud has a silver lining, but it seemed closer to gold as the sun was setting near these clouds.
This entry is part 4 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalI caught the sun dropping below the horizon hoping for a green flash, but atmospheric conditions were evidently not conducive.