On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Category Archives: uncategorized
It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor…
View from Picnic rock is nice. Feels pleasant at 2550ft. Wish I had thought to bring a thermometer to check temp. http://t.co/nHpYZSxOJH
On Verstovia trail. Should have known it would be warmer on hill than at home -but shortsleeve weather in January? http://t.co/hNaWMXTtr3
55F on a January evening is not unprecedented, but it’s certainly more typical of mid-summer than mid-winter. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
Appreciating the sound of the rain on the roof while settling in for sleep – also grateful for a warm and dry bed. #PayAttention #Gratitude
Checked out Starrigavan on 12.64 tide. Highest of the year so far! (also one of the highest there will be all year) http://t.co/16GIL6PVHU