On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: tracks and sign
This entry is part 11 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalWalking to class this afternoon I stopped and took pictures of ice in various configurations.
This entry is part 3 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalWalked down to Totem Park with the kids again today. It was pretty rainy for much of the time we were there, though the rain stopped and skies lightened … Continue reading
This entry is part 129 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalRowan’s mittened hand for scale next to a Trumpeter Swan track at Swan Lake There was a chance that frisbee might be played this morning at Moller Park, so … Continue reading
This entry is part 113 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalA heron watched as we loaded up to leave Today Connor, Rowan and I went out with my dad and a friend to see if we could find a … Continue reading
This entry is part 73 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalAs I write this (December 2011) I don’t remember where these photos were taken. I think they were probably at Halibut Point Rec, though I have no other record … Continue reading