On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Ocean
We visited Starrigavan Estuary again to see if the high tide was similar to the one yesterday. I was interested to find that it was distinctly lower, despite a prediction of very similar heights. I also wanted to get pictures … Continue reading
With a predicted 12.5+ tide, I thought it would be interesting to check out Starrigavan and see if any voles were scrambling for high ground around the estuary (and perhaps attracting predators that might be interesting to observer). No luck … Continue reading
Last week’s cold weather saw temperatures cold enough to freeze salt water, however little ice seemed to form in Crescent Bay. I am guessing there was sufficient wind to keep the surface stirred up and liquid (unlike previous occasions when … Continue reading
This entry is part 12 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalThe kids and I braved the wind to walk down to the park and see what might be around. I thought the gusts of wind pushing spray across the … Continue reading
This entry is part 11 of 24 in the series 2012 PhotojournalWalking to class this afternoon I stopped and took pictures of ice in various configurations.