On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: photo
Long-line season opened a little later this year, just late last week as I understand it (I recently learned that the season can open anywhere between the end of February and the end of March). As a result, there have … Continue reading
The most unusual bird of this winter’s Christmas Bird Count in Sitka was a Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch found by Jen Cedarleaf and Victoria Vosburg along the road to Herring Cove. Jen was able to get some photos of the bird and … Continue reading
This entry is part 106 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe last couple of weeks have seen many signs of fall – termination dust on the mountain peaks, high numbers of migrating sparrows (accompanied by a few lingering warblers), … Continue reading
Last Friday I stopped by Swan Lake and noticed 3 American Coots feeding along the Lake Street shore about mid-way between the peninsula and the radio station. A short while later they started heading up the lake, though the one … Continue reading
Lower temperatures associated with recent weather systems have resulted in snow at higher elevations. Although this was the first I noticed, there had been some other reports from last week, as well.