On this Date in...
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: California Gull
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: 16 April: Flowers, Liverworts, and Birds
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2008: 16 April Photos: Migrating Birds
- 2011: Sunny day in Sitka
- 2011: Sit Spot Challenge Day 16
- 2012: Evening Walk to Totem Park
- 2013: Yellow Siskin and Black-bellied Plover
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 2 months ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 3 months ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 3 months ago
Category Archives: kids and nature
While Connor was out try to get pictures of hummingbirds at a feeder we put up earlier in the week, he noticed a robin nest in the tree adjacent to our house. I can see it from where I work … Continue reading
The insects pictured here were captured by the kids over the past week or, but it took me a while to get around to photographing them. The small beetle came from near the beach on 31 Dec, I’m not sure … Continue reading
I was a little surprised to find a Mallard with ducklings at Swan Lake.
It was a very pleasant day – though unfortunately I did not have much time to spend out in it, being fairly well booked with phone calls and teaching. I did spend a few moments out on the south deck … Continue reading
This entry is part 15 of 24 in the series 2012 Photojournal
Connor and Rowan each captured some video of the other with Pine Siskins. I spliced together the clips with minimal editing above.