On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: invertebrates
Although it was my turn to pick where we would hike today, I offered to trade days with Rowan since I was not feeling up to doing anything very long on this sunny Saturday. She prefers shorter outings with less … Continue reading
We were a little surprised to see moths flying around in the house this January. Connor and Rowan teamed up to catch one, which I later photographed. After posting to bugguide and getting a reasonable identification for it, it seems … Continue reading
Winter Moth aka Bruce Spanworm (Operophtera bruceata) Last week I spoke with someone who had recently been fishing up in Icy Strait. He mentioned that there were many storm-petrels attracted to the sodium lights on the boat (which is pretty … Continue reading
I heard the young blackbirds were probably out of the nest, so I went down to Swan Lake and was able to get a picture of one before they flew out of range. This evening I noticed a moth flying … Continue reading