On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: daily
I was a little surprised to see three Golden-crowned Sparrows fly into the blueberry bush in our yard and start eating the flowers. At first I didn’t realize that’s what they were doing, but I got my binoculars out and … Continue reading
The last couple of days saw a relatively strong low pressure system through the region and it brought with it wind and rain. While not particularly fierce compared to most fall and winter storms, there was more wind and rain then … Continue reading
Another partly to mostly cloudy day with little or no moisture. The wind kicked up a bit in the afternoon, blowing pretty good out of the Southeast and maybe shifting over to the Northest for a while. The forecast was … Continue reading
It’s been a busy day, with phone calls for a call series I’ve been participating, an informal conversation with Coast Alaska reporters and scientists (which I seemed to have qualified as in this case), and finally a talk about hydropower … Continue reading
This entry is part 66 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe Dolly Varden have started to show up near the beaches again. Rowan and Connor have been fishing for them this week, and Rowan managed to catch a 14″ … Continue reading