On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Category Archives: astronomical
This morning the kids and I took advantage of sunny weather and a low tide to visit John Brown’s Beach and check out some of the work being done by some visiting scientists. They were setting up experiments in about … Continue reading
This entry is part 10 of 24 in the series 2012 Photojournal
This entry is part 55 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalI was up before 6 this morning and took a walk down to O’Connell Bridge. It was enjoyable to take some long-exposure photographs in the predawn light.
Over the past couple of years the sun has been in a solar minimum, a consequence of which has been auroras that are only rarely strong enough to be seen from Sitka. Combined with frequently cloudy skies, the northern lights … Continue reading
I took a little time while on my way home last night to shoot some pictures of the moon rising over the mountains and Crescent Bay.